Wavecor drivers are built for High Resolution Playback, which means that Fine Details and Textures are reproduced without loss and that Dynamics are preserved without compression. The resulting characteristics are precise presentation of Space and Acoustics Of Recording Venue, unheard Transparency, and sharp and precise Focus.
You will not discover all of the main qualities of Wavecor drivers by measuring only but you most certainly will when you start listening.
Wavecor SW263WA01-01 is a woofer designed for dedicated subwoofer applications. It works equally well for High End, Hi-Fi, High quality home theater systems, and top multimedia setups.
The extremely stiff aluminium cone, the long linear throw, exaggerated ventilation, and the special dynamic linearization short circuiting rings together makes up for an unusually linear and low-distortion woofer. Even at very high signal levels, the unit behaves controlled and without distortion.
Due to low mechanical losses SW263WA01 masters equally well low level details and extreme dynamic requirements.Features
- Extremely rigid aluminium cone to ensure piston motion at high levels and for better heat transfer at high continuous power levels
- Die cast alu chassis with additional spacers for optimal ventilation and increased stroke
- Vented cone neck for reduced distortion and compression
- Vented chassis for lower air flow speed reducing audible distortion
- Heavy-duty black fiber glass voice coil bobbin to reduce mechanical losses resulting in better dynamic performance and low-level details
- Large motor system with 2" voice coil diameter and huge 145mm magnet for better control and efficiency
- Black-anodized magnet structure steel parts for increased heat dissipation and power handling
- Two built-in alu field stabilizing rings for reduced high-level distortion (see drawing)
- Long linear stroke motor for reduced distortion at high levels
- Linear suspension with specially designed CONEX damper (spider) for long durability under extreme operating conditions
- 4-layer voice coil for increased control and better small-cabinet performance
|Nominal size||10¼ inch|
|Nominal impedance||8 Ohm|
|Recommended max. upper frequency limit||300 Hz|
|Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)||84 dB|
|Power handling, continuous||200 W|
|Effective Piston Area||314 cm2|
|Resonance frequency||23 Hz|
|Moving mass||159 g|
|Force factor||18.7 N/A|
|Suspension Compliance||0.29 mm/N|
|Mechanical resistance||2.1 Ns/m|
|Voice coil resistance||6.3 Ohm|
|Voice coil inductance||2.5 mH|
|Voice coil inside diameter||51 mm|
|Voice coil winding height||32 mm|
|Air gap height||8 mm|
|Theoretical linear motor stroke, Xmax||±12 mm|
|Magnet weight||2.7 kg|
|Total net weight||6.2 kg|
See a collection of driver data and measurements in electronic formats.