Wavecor drivers are built for High Resolution Playback, which means that Fine Details and Textures are reproduced without loss and that Dynamics are preserved without compression. The resulting characteristics are precise presentation of Space and Acoustics Of Recording Venue, unheard Transparency, and sharp and precise Focus.
You will not discover all of the main qualities of Wavecor drivers by measuring only but you most certainly will when you start listening.
These four tweeter models use same basic design but differ as follows:
- TW030WA05: 4 ohm, no ferro fluid
- TW030WA06: 4 ohm, with ferro fluid
- TW030WA07: 8 ohm, no ferro fluid
- TW030WA08: 8 ohm, with ferro fluid
Real high-end tweeter design with extremely low resonance frequency and distortion.
Thanks to the extensive internal venting between three internal cavities no air inside is trapped. The result is clearly audible as unheard-of undistorted sound. This feature extends the usable frequency range downwards to an extend very rarely found for any tweeter.
Combined with high power handling this tweeter is the natural candidate for high-end 2-way speaker systems.Features
- Precision-coated textile diaphragm for improved consistency and high-frequency extension
- Extreme internal venting through pole, voice coil former, and top plate to 3 internal chambers
- Copper-clad aluminium voice coil wire offering lower moving mass for improved efficiency and transient response
- Reflection-free rear chamber design with solid reinforcement ribs
- Large ferrite magnet for improved efficiency and transient response
- With or without high-stability light ferro fluid
- Flexible lead wires for higher power handling and larger excursion
- Black anodized magnet structure for increased power handling and reduced power compression
- Gold plated terminals to prevent oxidation for long-term reliable connection
- Delivered with EVA gasket attached for hassle-free mounting and secure cabinet sealing
|Nominal size||30 mm|
|Nominal impedance||4 Ohm|
|Recommended frequency range||1500 - 25000 Hz|
|Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)||91 dB|
|Voice coil diameter||30.4|
|Voice coil height||1.7 mm|
|Air gap height||2.5 mm|
|Voice coil resistance||3.4 Ohm|
|Voice coil inductance||20 μH|
|Magnet weight||260 g|
|Effective Piston Area||11.5 cm2|
|Power handling, continuous||60 W|
|Resonance frequency||450 Hz|
|Moving mass||0.42 g|
|Force factor||2.0 N/A|
|Suspension Compliance||0.30 mm/N|
|Total net weight||0.59 kg|
See a collection of driver data and measurements in electronic formats.