Wavecor drivers are built for High Resolution Playback, which means that Fine Details and Textures are reproduced without loss and that Dynamics are preserved without compression. The resulting characteristics are precise presentation of Space and Acoustics Of Recording Venue, unheard Transparency, and sharp and precise Focus.
You will not discover all of the main qualities of Wavecor drivers by measuring only but you most certainly will when you start listening.
Wavecor WF118WA02-01 is a mid-woofer designed for demanding bass and midrange applications. It works equally well for High End, Hi-Fi, High quality home theater systems, and top multimedia setups.
Powered by a large 85mm magnet structure that ensures good efficiency and optimal T/S parameters.
The large 32mm voice coil ensures high power handling - thermally and mechanically
The optimized paper cone ensures large bandwidth and low distortion. Distortion is further reduced by efficient venting and an alu shorting ring stabilizing the magnetic field in the air gap.
Wavecor WF118WA02-01 are excellent choices for very compact 2-way speaker systems or even as midrange in multi-way systems.Features
- Alu field-stabilizing ring inside magnet assembly for reduced high-level distortion
- Vented voice coil former for reduced distortion and compression
- New vented chassis for lower air flow speed reducing audible distortion
- Voice coil wound with Copper Clad Aluminium Wire for higher efficiency and better dynamics
- Heavy-duty black fiber glass voice coil bobbin to increase power handling and reduce mechanical losses resulting in better dynamic performance and low-level details
- Large motor system with 1¼” voice coil diameter and 85mm magnet for better control and efficiency
- Black magnet parts for better heat transfer to increase power handling
- Long linear stroke motor for reduced distortion at high levels
- New progressive suspension with specially designed CONEX damper (spider) for long durability under extreme operating conditions
- Gold plated terminals to prevent oxidation for long-term reliable connection
|Nominal size||4½ inch|
|Nominal impedance||8 Ohm|
|Recommended max. upper frequency limit||1200 Hz|
|Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)||83.5 dB|
|Power handling, continuous||40 W|
|Effective Piston Area||49 cm2|
|Resonance frequency||60 Hz|
|Moving mass||7.3 g|
|Force factor||5.9 N/A|
|Suspension Compliance||0.97 mm/N|
|Mechanical resistance||0.34 Ns/m|
|Voice coil resistance||6.3 Ohm|
|Voice coil inductance||0.78 mH|
|Voice coil inside diameter||26 mm|
|Voice coil winding height||12 mm|
|Air gap height||4 mm|
|Theoretical linear motor stroke, Xmax||±4 mm|
|Total net weight||0.8 kg|
See a collection of driver data and measurements in electronic formats.